getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] integral term

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] integral term
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 01:33:02 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to solve a two-dimensional partial differential equation using a
> DG FEM. The differential equation involves an integral term in only one
> direction of the mesh:
> \int_{-2}^{2} b(x,y,y') u(x,y') dy'
> with the integral kernel b. Is there a simple way to build the corresponding
> matrix of the double integral which arises during the FEM discretisation
> using the usual assembling procedures?

I do not see a simple way (that is a solution that can be expressed
purely as an argument to generic_assembly::set() method).

My guess would be to do the calculations in properly implemented
nonlinear term that would be inserted into assembly chain with
generic_assembly::push_nonlinear_term(pnonlinear_elem_term) but
probably you have figured it out yourself.

Regards,

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)