getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Problem using getfem::import_mesh in 64bit

From: Jaime Armendáriz Villalba
Subject: [Getfem-users] Problem using getfem::import_mesh in 64bit
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:30:59 +0200

Hello all,

I've been working with getfem 4.1 for a long time with 32bit library in both linux and windows (using mingw/msys).

I have tried to compile latest stable getfem  (4.1) in 64bit for windows. When I run my program I get a segfault.

My test program is the following:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <getfem/getfem_import.h>
#include <getfem/getfem_mesh.h>
using namespace std;
int main(void) {
    std::string file_mesh = "gmshv2:C:/a.msh";
    getfem::mesh gmesh;
    getfem::import_mesh(file_mesh , gmesh);
    cout << "Number of mesh tetrahedra = " << gmesh.nb_convex() <<std::endl;
    return 0;
}

I have compiled getfem in mingw64/gcc  4.5 with the following compile options:

configure --enable-shared LDFLAGS="-no-undefined" --enable-python=no
make

Linking my test program with the dll generated, I get the following results:

Linux 32       WORKS
Linux 64       WORKS
Windows 32     WORKS
Windows 64     FAILS with segfault in the line getfem::import_mesh(file_mesh , gmesh); The previous line worked.

If it helps, the program stops after it throws this warning:   GMM_WARNING3("  All regions must have different number!");
which is located in "import_gmsh_msh_file" function on "getfem_import.cc".

I think the problem has to be related with the way I have compiled getfem or that I found that import_mesh is not 64 compatible?.
Could anyone point me what could be the problem? Is there any known problem with getfem in 64bit on Windows (or at least with the function import_mesh)?

I attach the mesh file needed to test my code.

Thank you very much for your patience in advance,

Jaime Armendariz Villalba