getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Building GUI for GetFEM (or about getfem::model)

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Building GUI for GetFEM (or about getfem::model)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:43:46 +0200

Dear Konstantinos,
> I think this could also be one solution in your case. Instead of using
> directly the getfem model class, just create your own model description
> class [...]

Thank you for your answer. Indeed building a proxy layer on top
of getfem::model class would be a solution in my case.

This is however less attractive than enhancing getfem::model.
First of all all information I need is already in getfem::model,
it needs only to be exposed. Secondly I think that getfem::model
is quite generic and one could attempt to write export modules
to other FEM models or even treet getfem::model as a sort of
universal interface (what I am having in mind is Fenics project:
http://fenicsproject.org/).

I also think that GetFEM should have what you have implemented
in your application -- it should be possible to read model
description from a text file and build all the components
automatically. Of course saving the model should be possible too.

Regards,

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)