getfem-users

[Getfem-users] API improvements for contact bricks

From: logari81
Subject: [Getfem-users] API improvements for contact bricks
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:09:52 +0200

Hi Yves,

I have seen that you have implemented the continuous contact bricks and I would like to extend them to non-matching meshes. I would also like to give another try to implementing a large displacements version.

But before doing any real work on this maybe it would make sense to clean up some inconsistencies in the API:

1. The filename "getfem_Coulomb_friction" indicates that there will be no tresca version in this file. Is that correct?

2. As it is now, we have the following function names:

add_basic_contact_brick
add_basic_contact_with_friction_brick

add_Hughes_stab_basic_contact_brick
add_Hughes_stab_friction_contact_brick

add_contact_with_rigid_obstacle_brick
add_contact_with_friction_with_rigid_obstacle_brick

add_continuous_contact_with_rigid_obstacle_brick
add_continuous_contact_with_friction_with_rigid_obstacle_brick

add_nonmatching_meshes_contact_brick
add_nonmatching_meshes_contact_with_friction_brick

it would be logical to rename "add_Hughes_stab_friction_contact_brick" to "add_Hughes_stab_with_friction_contact_brick"

3. In the new continuous contact with friction bricks there is only one multiplier variable for both the normal and tangential directions. It would make sense to call it "multname_lambda" instead of "multname_n". Moreover, is it possible to use one single variable "multname_lambda" instead of "multname_n" and "multname_t" also for the non-continuous bricks?

Best regards

Kostas