getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Evaluate solution at mesh nodes.

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Evaluate solution at mesh nodes.
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:01:45 +0200

Dear Dawid,

One way to compare the solution (on a boundary or elsewhere) is to interploate
your exact solution on a convenient Lagrange finite element on your mesh and
then compute for instance the L2-error using an assembly procedure. This
should be the most straightforward.

If you need the max difference, you can interpolate your solutionon the same
Lagrange finite element  (if it is not already on a Lagrange finite element)
and
compare on the dof that are on the corresponding boundary.

Otherwize, when you iterate by
 for(getfem::mr_visitor i(R); !i.finished(), ++i) { ... }

the index i is the element number and i.f() is the face number, so that you
can ask for the vertex indices of the corresponding face.

On mercredi 19 octobre 2011, Dawid Midura wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I probably was not clear with my last question. I guess what I need to know
> is how do I iterate over all nodes in a given instance of
> getfem::mesh_region? I know how to iterate over all convexes in a region,
> which I will call R, using mr_visitor as such:
>
> for(getfem::mr_visitor i(R); !i.finished(), ++i) { ... }
>
> Region R represents a discretization of a circular boundary of my problem
> domain, (which is a washer) and I use triangular elements. I thought i in
> the above iteration would represent a line segment with both its endpoints
> laying on the circular boundary, but this does not seem to be the case. So
> is i a triangle in the mesh in this case, whose one of the faces coincides
> with one of the segments in the disretization of the circular boundary?
> Another question is the following, what does i.f() do? I could not find a
> reference to it in the library documentation. Is it a number of faces of
> convex i? When I put i.f() inside the above loop I get i.f() equal to
> either 1 or 2. But if i represents a triangle in the mesh shouldn't I get
> i.f() equal to 3?
No. It should be 0, 1 or 2.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------