getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Self-contact

From: Artur A . Poźniak
Subject: [Getfem-users] Self-contact
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:05:30 +0100

Dear GetFEM Users,

I am wondering if GetFEM is able to deal with very general contact algorithm.
In Abaqus/STANDARD there is a general contact routine, which detects ANY cases of contact w/o necessity of defining contact pairs.

I model densification of porous materials and such feature implemented in opensource library would be extremely useful. Is this possible in GetFEM?
If so, would it be applicable to nonlinear elastodynamics?

Thanks in advance,
Artur Pozniak