getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] reference of levelset part implementation

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] reference of levelset part implementation
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:26:02 +0100

Dear Wen,

I agree that level_set implementation is not well documented in Getfem.
See anyway the page
http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/userdoc/xfem.html

Levelset are simply some scalar field defined on a mesh. Each level-set object has in fact two scalar fields. The primary level set and a secondary one. The secondary is optional. I tserves to limits the domain of the primary level-set. It comes from crack propagation approximation. See for instance the paper: Moës N, Gravouil A, Belytschko T. Non-planar 3D crack growth by the extended finite element and level sets. Part I: mechanical model.International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 2002.

Yves.