getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Getfem and Metis

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: [Getfem-users] Getfem and Metis
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:20:47 +0100

Hi!

Should I see a difference in the mesh node enumeration, after having compiled Getfem with --enable-paralevel=2 and Metis support, and my program with -DGETFEM_PARA_LEVEL=2 -DGMM_USES_MPI=1?

According to the documentation, GetFEM should then use Metis to "implicitly partition" the mesh.

Does that mean that the Metis based partitioning goes on behind the scenes and no changes would be seen in mesh.points() when switching between "mpiexec -n 1 ./prog" and "mpiexec -n 4 ./prog"

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen