getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Generic assembly brick crashes Matlab

From: Walker, Ryan T. (GSFC-615.0)[UNIV OF MARYLAND]
Subject: [Getfem-users] Generic assembly brick crashes Matlab
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:52:46 +0000

I’m trying to get generic assembly bricks working with the Matlab interface.

The code "gf_model_set(md,'add linear generic assembly brick', mim, 'u*Test_u’);” works fine.

However, if I change the _expression_ to something involving derivatives, like ‘Grad_u.Grad_Test_u’ or ‘Hess_u:Hess_Test_u’,
Matlab has an internal error (no specific error message) and shuts down.

Based on the main C++ documentation, the expressions that cause Matlab to crash look legal. What’s going wrong here?

I’m using version 4.3.2 with Matlab 2014a.

Thanks,
Ryan

Dr. Ryan T. Walker
Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center
University of Maryland at College Park
Cryospheric Sciences Laboratory, Code 615
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
8800 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20771 USA