getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM and MPI

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM and MPI
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:09:22 +0100

Dear Yves and Konstantinos,

Thanks for you responses. I was able to achieve interpolation for my
MPI-enabled GetFEM program with both methods, due to your answers. For
completeness, I post them here:

* Using high-level interpolation, as I understood the suggestion by Yves:

std::vector<double> V_dist(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
getfem::interpolation_function(mesh_fem, V_dist, myfunc);
getfem::ga_workspace workspace;
workspace.add_fem_constant("v", mesh_fem, V_dist);
workspace.add_expression("v", mesh_im);
std::vector<double> V(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
getfem::ga_interpolation_Lagrange_fem(workspace, mesh_fem, V);
getfem::vtk_export exp_vtk("data_myfunc_high_level.vtk", true);
exp_vtk.exporting(mesh_fem);
exp_vtk.write_point_data(mesh_fem, V, "myfunc_high_level");

* Using interpolation_function, MPI_SUM_VECTOR, and then compensating
for redundant contributions (inspired by get_averaged_sigmas(), as
mentioned by Konstantinos):

std::vector<double> V_dist(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
getfem::interpolation_function(mesh_fem, V_dist, myfunc);
std::vector<int> count_dist(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
std::vector<int> count(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
auto unity = [](auto a) { return(1.0); };
getfem::interpolation_function(mesh_fem, count_dist, unity);
getfem::MPI_SUM_VECTOR(count_dist, count);
std::vector<double> V(mesh_fem.nb_dof());
getfem::MPI_SUM_VECTOR(V_dist, V);
for(uint dof = 0; dof != mesh_fem.nb_dof(); ++dof) V[dof] /= count[dof];
getfem::vtk_export exp_vtk("data_myfunc_noassembly.vtk", true);
exp_vtk.exporting(mesh_fem);
exp_vtk.write_point_data(mesh_fem, V, "myfunc_noassembly");

Best regards and thanks,
Torquil Sørensen