getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Centrifugal force

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Centrifugal force
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:34:17 -0500

Dear Simon,

I think one way to greatly speed up your program is to take into account the axi-symmetry of your problem.
Getfem fully supports it. That would mean that you can reduce your 2D problem to 1D.
You can create a simple line mesh, but using a type torus_mesh and subsequently create torus_mesh_fem on it.
Then you need to apply your force on a single edge/point of your mesh.

Best regards,
                        Andriy