gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-388 ] Speed-ups to www/my/index.php

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-388 ] Speed-ups to www/my/index.php
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:11:10 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106&aid=388&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch contains optimizations to code to OO-ify
parts of the www/my/index.php.

Highlights of this patch:
o Added caching of the following objects (simlar to the
group_get_object() functionality)
    - Artifact
    - ArtifactType
    - ProjectTask
    - ProjectGroup

o ArtifactFromId() now allows a data array to be passed
in to save db wear and tear.

o ArtifactsForUser now queries from artifact_vw and
uses the caching mentioned above.

o ProjectTasksForUser no queries from project_task_vw
and uses the caching mentioned above.

o A small fix to www/my/index.php to fix the display of
Artifact groups.

o Overall performance seems comparable to orignal
version. DB Access time seems comparable and there is
some small overhead caused by the new require_once
statments. This is all according to dbg. Additionally
due to passing in result sets and caching, the changes
in this patch should scale fairly well. Note: Forums
have not been updated yet, so performance may degrade
if a users is monitoring several forums.