gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-432 ] Export project to XML

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-432 ] Export project to XML
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:53:47 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=119&aid=432&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be 'nice to have' the ability to export a
project's information as a single XML document, for
backup and other uses, such as generating reports.

Unless I've missed something, there is currently no
easy way to copy a project from one GForge server to
another, short of exporting the whole database. This
is relevant if we start using GForge on a small 'grass
roots' machine and want to progressively more
official, supported and powerful machines as the
number of projects goes. One nice way to do that would
be to be able to export a project into a myproject.xml
file and import that into another GForge.

Also, myproject.xml would be interesting for lots of
other uses, such as a 'project status report'
implemented as an XSLT transformation. At the moment,
I guess we'd have to build custom reporting in PHP as
part of GForge itself.

Ideally, XML export would be available over HTTP,
using SOAP perhaps, so these reports could be dynamic.