gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-466 ] Problem with project approve-pending.

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-466 ] Problem with project approve-pending.php and may be openldap 2.1
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 05:11:46 -0500

Bugs item #466, was opened at 31/07/2003 12:11
You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105&aid=466&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When i add a project on gforge, it's ok.
Then when I want to approve it with the Approve button
there are beautifull error lines

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Protocol error
in /usr/share/gforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 136

Approving Group:test ERROR: cannot add LDAP group entry
'test': Strong(er) authentication required
ERROR: cannot add LDAP CVS group entry 'test':
Strong(er) authentication required
ERROR: cannot add LDAP user entry 'anoncvs_test':
Strong(er) authentication required
ERROR: cannot add LDAP AnonCVS user entry 'test':
Strong(er) authentication required

Diagnostic of the problem (partialy solved):
Ldap has difficulities to bind the server with ldap
version 3 on openldap 2.1

Two solutions: (differents way but exactly same result)
* Cut line 136 and move to 139 (after the
sys_ldap_version check) in
/usr/share/gforge/common/include/ldap.php
* Uncomment "allow bindv2" to allow ldap version 2

BUT with this solution or may be without (i don't know
because I've never approve a project with ldap 2.1.

There is an ambigous results
Gforge writes:
"
Approving Group:test
None Found

No Pending Projects to Approve
"

BUT the project is approved, why not writes a small
"successful" or in my case "Effectué avec succès"

Christophe (Montpellier, France)

PS: Two weeks ago, with gforge 3.0-2 packages and
openldap 2.0.23-6.3 on Debian woody, it was fine:
approval and ldap version 3 but I had to change to
debian sarge.

Background:
Debian 3.0r3 sarge
slapd 2.1.22-1