gforth

[gforth] undocumented words

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: [gforth] undocumented words
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:10:29 +0100

Hi,

Some times, SEEing some code or because a backtrace error, I find out a
useful Gforth-specific word I never heard of.  That's how I recently met
'extend-mem'.  After searching for it in the sources, I thought it could
have been useful some days ago, when I was coding a self-growing buffer
I needed :)

I always supposed the '\g' line comments are used to mark words to be
extracted for the docs, but some words have those comments and are not
listed in the docs (e.g. 'save-mem').

Beside, what is the criterion?  Of course there are too many inner and
tool words that don't need to be mentioned in the docs, but I think
'save-mem' and 'extend-mem' and others would be helpful.  They are
generic useful words.

Thank you.

--
Marcos Cruz