gfsd-hackers

[gfsd]a program I have recently gpl'd

From: Adrian Thurston
Subject: [gfsd]a program I have recently gpl'd
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:33:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I recently gpl'd a program I have written called Ragel.

Ragel compiles finite state machines from regular lanuages. Ragel compiles
to runnable c code. It allows you to insert function calls at any point in
your regular lanuages using operators I have created. It also allows you
to control the nondeterminism in your machines using operators similar
to the function insertion. Ragel understands concatenation, union (or
operator), kleen star, subtraction and intersection as well as some
helpers like ? and +. Ragel finite state machines are closed under all
of it's operators which allows for arbitrary regular lanuages.

You can use ragel to implement a non-backtracking scanner for any lanuage
that is regular.

Hope you like it.

-Adrian