ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Go

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 07:52:30 +0100

address@hidden skrev:
>    >    It is only my opinion, but I think that 18 months could be too long
>    >    between the second and third GHM when you are trying to stablish a
>    >    meeting with only 2 editions.
>    >
>    > I agree. Up to now the GHM has been organized in the summer.
>
>    Would October (this year's FSCONS was held Oct) be OK?
>
> I think that it is a bit late, but if there is not choice to make it
> in July, June or August, October is better than November or December.

An important thing for me to consider is marketing FSCONS. Sweden more
or less closes down from July and almost to mid August (usually everyone
has 4 weeks of vacation). It's no use starting to market FSCONS before
the vacation so I want to make sure we can market the conf well enough.
Doing FSCONS in AUgust would simply not work. Late September.... hmm,
perhaps. On the other it would be great to have you all here during
Midsummer when there's no darkness :)  ... but then the idea I have is
to join forces and share efforts with FSCONS.

I will take the concerns of yours and discuss them with last year's
organizers (FSFE (I represent FSFE), Wikimedia Sverige, CC). I'll be back

/hesa