giftcurs-user

Re: [giFTcurs-user] Feature suggestion: a "Stats" tab

From: Christian Haggstrom
Subject: Re: [giFTcurs-user] Feature suggestion: a "Stats" tab
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:30:09 +0200

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:28:57PM -0500, Philip M. White wrote:
> What does everyone think of adding a Stats tab,

It's a nice idea, however we can only keep track of what happens
during the time the giFTcurs program is running.

> which would contain things like:
>
> - Peak download rate
> - Peak upload rate
> - Peak simultaneous connections
yep
> - Latency (is this a quantifiable feature of OpenFT?)
don't really know what you mean. ping time or the time it takes
to start a download?
> - Number of files downloaded
> - Number of files uploaded
> - Average download rate (throughout the process lifetime of giftd daemon,
> if possible, or giFTcurs)
> - Average upload rate
> - Average throughput (a sum of the previous two)
> - Total data downloaded (in k/m/gbytes)
> - Total data uploaded (in k/m/gbytes)
> - Total data transferred (a sum of the previous two)
yep

> Having a separate tab for all this offers room for expansion.  Many
> people, me included, love seeing statistics, and most of the things
> listed would be very, very easy to keep track of.
Yes, very simple.
However, we're currently working on implementing the new interface protocol.
We'll come to this later, I put it in TODO.
Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Christian Häggström  | student computer science
Codito, ergo sum - I code, therefore I am