giftweb-discuss

Re: [Giftweb-discuss] SSH CVS help please

From: Matthew T. Jachimstal
Subject: Re: [Giftweb-discuss] SSH CVS help please
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:26:26 -0600

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 19:26, Gregory Gee wrote:
>    I finished merging all the files.  Not easy since updates kept
> appearing.

Sorry. :) I just _had_ to fix some of those bugs.

> I am having problems trying to get the SSH CVS to work.
> I followed the instructions and did the following.
>
>   I added the key into my account at Savannah.
>
>    Then did this.
>
> address@hidden cvs]# export CVS_RSH=ssh
> address@hidden cvs]# cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/giftweb co giftweb
> Enter passphrase for key '/root/.ssh/id_dsa':
>
>    Why is it asking for that?  I already created that.  Am I missing
> something?

It's asking for the password to your private key to unlock it and use it
in the process. It's used to authenticate your identity to the server.
Go ahead and type in your passphrase....

Matthew

--
Random thought #49 (Collect all 137)
Workers of the world, arise! You have nothing to lose but your chairs.