giftweb-discuss

Re: [Giftweb-discuss] Greg's additions

From: Gregory Gee
Subject: Re: [Giftweb-discuss] Greg's additions
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:46:52 -0500

Matthew T. Jachimstal wrote:

I've just about completed integrating Greg's item groups changes.
There's some cosmetic changes as well as some programmatic changes. For
instance, rather than for()'ing through the list of groups for _every_
item, I built an array of the groups and reference it on each item. Less
data from the database, and fewer nested loops. :)

I'm committing my current copy to CVS, but note that it's not been
stress tested yet!

  I'll have to find time to try it out on some system.  I have been
using my original changes for a while now and have several users, groups
and items in the database.  I've got almost all of my family in there
right now.  I'll have to figure out a way to migrate from one schema
to another.

Next up: Events! Choose what day the recipient is getting the gift, and
the system will automagically purge the old purchased items.

  I have another feature request related to events.  It would be nice
if that after a person logins, that persons main page shows upcoming
events.

  Also another request.  Also on the main page, messages should appear
for group admins that requests are pending your approval.

  This would make the main page for each user a nice summary page.

Greg