ginger-dev-list

Re: [Ginger-dev-list] Ginger-z for system z?

From: Daniel Henrique Barboza
Subject: Re: [Ginger-dev-list] Ginger-z for system z?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:54:11 -0300

I am not sure if we had this discussion in the Kimchi ML, but Ginger-z is something that I consider 'inevitable' due to the amount of System Z exclusive features that would be hosted in multi-arch Ginger.

However I don't think this is time to worry about this separation. First we will officially move to WoK while fixing bugs, API docs and so on. Then we'll absorb some Kimchi features to create the ginger-base plug-in. Then we can think about splitting Ginger into platform specific parts.

That doesn't mean that you can't contribute Z code now. You can. The separation will be a cleaner way for a user to get only the specific features, but Ginger can handle Z only features today.