glibc-bsd-hackers

Re: [Glibc-bsd-hackers] possible porting

From: Metgod
Subject: Re: [Glibc-bsd-hackers] possible porting
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:02:25 -0800

Hi,

I finally had a chance to look at the information for the glibc on freebsd.

I have three machines, two of which are running FreeBSD 4.8. However, and unfortunately, the requirements are not exactly what I can do at this current time.

I would like to apologize for even sending my original request. I wish the project well and would love to see it even more developed one day. I will definitely keep this project in mind, but for now I fear I must use just libc.

Btw, if there is anything I can offer -- though I don't know what at this stage -- let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Best wishes,

Cody

Hi there!

Thanks Jeroen for the forward.

Metgod, maintainance of the port is quite active, although there's yet a
lot of work to do:

 - We have a full Glibc-based development system: Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
   http://www.debian.org/ports/freebsd/gnu-libc-based

 - Latest development of the Glibc port doesn't happen on CVS, but directly
   in the "glibc" debian package in our unofficial port repository. You can
   grab our current sources by installing Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and "apt-get\
   source glibc"

 - The patchset is updated from 2.3 (cvs) to 2.3.1 in the unofficial debian
   package of glibc.

 - There are some grave bugs and we need help smashing them. I can give you
   details if you like.

If you want to participate, I suggest you start installing the system, and
get in touch with us through IRC (irc.freenode.net/#gnu-kbsd)