Re: [glob2-devel] AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:44:30 +0200

On Saturday 09 October 2004 23.11, Cyrille Dunant wrote:
> Le Vendredi, 8 Octobre 2004 18.27, Stéphane Magnenat a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Someone suggested to use AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([no-define]) but this breaks
> > the make dist with automake 1.4. Reverted to old version
>
> So now it breaks with 1.6. I'm not sure the trade-off is optimal... Unless,
> of course, you un-broke it on 1.6 also.

It works on 1.4 (debian default) and 1.7 (recent), so for me the tradeoff is
better, ebcause I can release from any of my computer. Try to launch content
of bootstrap by hand while specifying version on automake.

Note that I hate autotools, it is a nightmare. But it is standard and greatly
simplify distro integration so we'll stay with it.

Good luck,