[glob2-devel] Quoting HappyPenguin

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Quoting HappyPenguin
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:39:06 +0200

"Well, it never is. But about everything I wanted to say was said by someone
or another in the preceeding posts. So I'll submit you to them.

 Summarizing, this is a really good game (and I'm not saying "Free Software
game", nor "Open Source game", but "game", in general -- competing with many
commercial counterparts!). It packs an original world (oranges, algae, rock,
wood, prune... lots of resources need to be collected, and live in there),
original units (no more elves, trolls, starship troopers, aliens, catapults
-- just one unit, let's call it "globule") and, overall, a good playing
atmosphere. Good graphics, also, which is not easy to find on this world.

 Finally, this is the only RTS game that does not stress me while playing.
Action goes on, but you don't have that constant need of clicking everywhere
and keeping control of your dumb peasants (not that globules are very clever,
either, but since you don't have to control them, you just live with that).

 What it needs now is:

 - A tutorial (while I almost always skip them, I understand that some people
don't like to realize how that cool feature worked seconds before finishing
the whole game, so it would be nice to have one tut that tells you that in
the beginning).
 - A campaign (or several)
 - I have not tried the lastest version, but the prior one needed perhaps
another level of upgrades... Or else, that these were not so easily achieved.
 - A better AI. I beat the game easily, and I'm not a great player anyway.

 But, this said, I still think it's one of the better games out there, and I
rate it 5. Go on with the good work.

 (And so, like everyone else, I actually repeated what other people said
before. Oh, well.)"

I'm really happy to read such posts. Thanks a lot everyone in the community.