[glob2-devel] nvidia gl drivers and alpha9 .deb

From: Joel Koerwer
Subject: [glob2-devel] nvidia gl drivers and alpha9 .deb
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

I need to know the steps taken when making the alpha9
deb in order to reproduce an error. Details below.

Uninterested readers stop here. :)

Yesterday a user, tid-wave on IRC, reported a problem
with the GL output using Nvidia's proprietary drivers
and the alpha9 deb. At school I have a Debian box with
an Nvidia card, so today I confirmed that the alpha9
deb gives errors in the Texture Initialization phase
of game startup, but glob2 built from source does not
cause the same errors.

Error message is:
OpenGL error "GL_INVALID_OPERATION" at point 1.

See the file glob2/libgag/src/glSDL.c: line 228, and
in the same file, function InitTexture on line 2048

Mysteriously, compiling from source fixes the problem.

That error message refers to one of 6 gl calls (5
unique functions), but I need to reproduce it from a
source compile in order to track it down any further.

Thanks,
Joel (seidan)