Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 hosting

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 hosting
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:40:19 +0200

Andrew Sayers wrote:
I don't know anything about BitTorrent - would it be appropriate for
providing downloads for the binaries?

I don't know how frequently glob is downloaded, but with a tracker, everybody who wants to support the project and the distribution of the binary could keep this torrent online leaving it available for people who connect to the tracker. If that is not the case, torrent only helps for parallel downloads. so if we reach the situation, that on average more than 1 persons are leaching the files at a time, torrent would definitely help.