[glob2-devel] Finding desync bug in alpha18

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Finding desync bug in alpha18
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:11:55 +0100

Hi, I've included to this file the result of:
cvs diff -c -r alpha17a -r alpha18a > /tmp/glob2-diff-alpha17a-alpha18a.diff
gzipped as
glob2-diff-alpha17a-alpha18a.diff.gz

With the following file hierarchy changes:
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file DONE
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file data/texts.pt.txt
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file data/texts.sv.txt
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierDosSelonCW
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierDosSelonCW.h
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierMacSelonCW
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierMacSelonCW.h
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierUNIXSelonCW
cvs diff: tag alpha18a is not in file formats/FichierUNIXSelonCW.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file libgag/include/GUIStyle.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file libgag/src/GUIStyle.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file libusl/src/interpreter.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file libusl/src/interpreter.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/Glob2Screen.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/Glob2Screen.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/Glob2Style.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/Glob2Style.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/HeightMapGenerator.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/HeightMapGenerator.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/PerlinNoise.cpp
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/PerlinNoise.h
cvs diff: tag alpha17a is not in file src/RessourcesTypes.cpp

If you want to help finding the desync, you can try to find which part of the
core engine could generate the problem. Most of changes have been done in
Nicowar and should be ignored to find the desync.

By the way, another question: are we sure that the desync is not present in
alpha17? If we doubt it, we should test it.

Have a nice day,