Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 suddenly became slow!

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 suddenly became slow!
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:16:25 +0200

On Sunday 11 June 2006 23:35, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> Globulation 2 has suddenly become quiet and slow! It can't be dieing.

It has been slow indeed. There is several reasons, one is that Nuage has found
a job in a foreign country, so he has been moving and we haven't been able to
wokr on unit-rewrite anymore. Yet I prefer to let him say some world about it

> Hows the unit rewrite coming along?

I've made a branch, named unit-rewrite, which has our latest version of the
unit allocation and state machine rewrite. It is not complete nor compile
yet. But you can nevertheless have a look, the new nice piece is in
Matcher.h/Matcher.cpp and is infinitely cleaner than the old mechanism. The
problem is that cleaning, adapting and documenting unit satate machine for it
is a huge job, and now that Nuage is "physically" gone (well, not too gone I
hope) it will be slower.

I suggest that interested people cvs co this branch and have a look at that
code.

> Lets get an irc bot on our channel to respond to those lonely people
> who join YOG!

That would be very nice and is easy to do.

Have a nice day,

Steph

P.S.    Right now, I'm not having sex, but rather correcting workshop reports
:-(

--
http://nct.ysagoon.com