Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:53:01 -0400

On 7/16/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
Now, I don't say we
should not write a clean and well documented lib based on the previous
article to encapsulate the UDP complexity and allow syntetic testing of
network layer alone. Such a lib would be very usefull.

Steph

As for a good network library, many people on the Freenode c++ channel
have suggested Asio (also available in new versions of Boost). I've
looked into it, its got good asychronous and sychnronous mechanisms
(it handles both), and it looks very easy to to convert between TCP
and UDP. Look here:
http://asio.sourceforge.net/boost_asio_0_3_7/libs/asio/doc/tutorial/index.html

I would say we should redesign the entire network system, but even I'm
not that dumb :)

I got this strange feeling I was wrong this morning, so i'll do some
more research into this 0 checksum bug.

--
Start and finish, Bradley Arsenault