[glob2-devel] feature freeze and then release next week?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [glob2-devel] feature freeze and then release next week?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:27:27 +0100

Hi,

cvs looks quite, Leo finished his clouds.
glob2 has not crashed on my machine for some time now.
I propose to use this weekend for testing, and only use cvs for bugfixes.
And if everything is working right, release sometime next week.

Proposed version numbers are:
0.8.22
0.9
1  (not 1.0 !)

Whoever is willing to do the releasing, shall decide the number for himself.

Information about how to release are at:
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Releasing_a_new_version

I don't know about the command "debchange" in step 6.
Maybe only debian users can release.

What is meant by "rest of the World" in step 16?
How do we tell the glob2 distribution package managers?

Our current release name is: alpha21
So the next should be: alpha<version number> or simply <version number>,
if the releaser decides it that way.

If someone wants to volunteer for releasing, please tell.
So that there will be no conflict.
Programming knowledge is not needed.

If no one volunteers,
we won't release.