Re: [glob2-devel] glob2-0.8.22: What went wrong. How to improve. What to

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] glob2-0.8.22: What went wrong. How to improve. What to do now.
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:42:11 +0200

> The number of bugs does not count, as correctly you say we are alpha.
> But one serious bug like:
>  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19542
> Might ruin glob2.  Our official release must be playable.

I have uploaded a dirty fix that Leo proposed to alpha22-rc.
It simply removes the assert that fails.
But this has to be fixed for real sometime.
Someone has to find out why that id is not valid.

We now can create a new tarball and deb-file or
schedul a bugfix release 0.8.23 for next weak.
I favor the last option.

Leo:

crash can be avoided by removing the assertion as in the following code:
ConfigFiles.h:180
  std::cerr << "ConfigVector::get(" << static_cast<unsigned int>(id) << ") :
warning : id is not valid, returning default" << std::endl;
//assert(false);
return &defaultEntry;

as "return &defaultEntry;" is unreachable code i guess there is work in
progress. removing the assertion leads to strange worker assignments (1
worker here) but no further crash in local games.

--
Kai Antweiler