Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:50:01 +1200

He said his disk size is rather limited.

Yes, I know. I was refering to that the maps and data are roughly 20mb? Its the bandwidth that the maps dna data need, which Nct has, however heres is a thought. Lets put the maps and data on the Savannah file server as well. You should be able to change the script sync scripts easily right? So then it would be:

Kyle: Wiki
Nct: Mercurial
Savannah: Bug Tracker, Mailing List, Releases, maps and data, and the old CVS.

Savannah is pretty good. It could handle it no problems.

What do you say? If your ok with it, I'll sync maps and data, then upload tomorrow, and fix the syncmaps and data in CVS HEAD (the files will remain on kyles server for older tags <= a23, but newer versions syncmaps and data would use Savannah links and reduce more bandwidth from kyles server).

Thoughts?

Experimental branches can be kept on individuals reps and merged into official when completed. This is the cool thing with distributed system.

You don't want too much of that though. It could cause a lot of problems down the track, especially if after the core, Bradley feels the need to rewrite the map editor or network game play :D Code would be imcompatable.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/