Wiki and e-mail (was: [glob2-devel] forum and e-mail)

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Wiki and e-mail (was: [glob2-devel] forum and e-mail)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 18:33:17 +0100

Kyle Lutze <address@hidden> writes:

> does someone have an SMTP server that doesn't require encryption?
>
> mine used to, it seems recently the owner of the box switched to ssl
> only and I never noticed it, this is why users have been having
> issues. I tried setting up gmail, but too many restrictions there that
> I don't feel like dealing with.
>
> I tried the local php mail functions, but it seems drazak doesn't have
> that setup.
>
> This is why there haven't been any posts from new users

Does this also explain why the Wiki “Confirm your e-mail address”
feature is not working?  On the Wiki, I go to “preferences”, then to
“Confirm your e-mail address”, then “Mail a confirmation code”.  I get
a web page that says in red letters “Confirmation e-mail sent.”, but I
never get the confirmation e-mail that is supposed to include the
confirmation code.

--
Joe