Re: [glob2-devel] Encryption, security, and a new glob2 dependancy

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Encryption, security, and a new glob2 dependancy
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:49:20 +0200

I agree that we don't need this.
If it is fun for you we can import encryption libraries into glob2 - I
think they
are small.
But make sure that this is easy for other developers to maintain.

Anyway, a few things to keep in mind:
* A new dependency means more installing, which means less people likely to
play it.

But some of the encryption will only be on only YOG.  Do they have to be in
the glob2 user program?

* Its just a password for a game account. It does not store personal
information, or game stats. As far as I'm concerned, you probably dont even
need game account passwords. Everyone could just sign it with a username
they want, like IRC (when someone hasn't registered). At the end of the day,
passwords could be gotten rid of.

True.

--
Kai Antweiler