[glob2-devel] OpenGL and main map viewport (was: yet more feedback (many

From: Joe Wells
Subject: [glob2-devel] OpenGL and main map viewport (was: yet more feedback (many topics))
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 01:30:26 +0100

Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> writes:

>> Right now, on the top and right edges, the behavior is strange.
>> On the right side, the main map viewport ends 128 pixels from the
>> right edge of the window, because the rightmost 128 pixels of space is
>> used for the minimap and controls area.  When you position the mouse
>> near the right edge of the entire window, the main map viewport starts
>> scrolling.  This is strange because you have to move the mouse *way*
>> out of the main map viewport for this to happen.  It would make more
>> sense if this auto-scrolling behavior started when you moved the mouse
>> cursor to the right edge of the main map viewport, rather than having
>> to move it an extra 128 pixels to the right edge of the window.
>
> if openGL is on you can see that the viewport actually takes up the
> whole screen.

That's interesting!  I've never tried it with OpenGL on (because I
don't have hardware acceleration).  That sounds like something worth
documenting, just to encourage people like me to check it out.

So where does the information on the top line go?  What about the
mini-map and the controls on the right panel?  Do they appear and
disappear?

(I'd try it right now, but I deleted my glob2 to make sure I get some
vital work done that needs to be done outside of normal working
hours.)

> navigating by touching this 1 wide border of the viewport is designed
> for full screen and not for people with very calm hands able to put
> the pointer on that thin line ;)

Actually, the border that triggers auto-scrolling is 5 pixels wide.

> it is rather a point to remove touch-border-to-move-viewport in
> windowed mode than to fix it your way.

No, please don't remove it!  It is needed for scrolling the viewport
while dragging a flag.

--
Joe