Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 FOSDEM presentation : draft of complete

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 FOSDEM presentation : draft of complete presentation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:19:45 +0100

> * Page 26, no content that I can see

None written yet.

> * Page 29, no long need wait(10), and hide. Theres a function (space) that
> allows you to add user interaction (waiting for spacebar). It's better
> practice, as it essentially pauses the game, and waits for them to
> continue.

I know this function, if I remember correctly, I implemented it.
But, currently, space is network unsafe, and I do not wish to discuss the this
island of unsafeness in the vast sea of consistency, especially one slide
after I've said that the scripting is safe. In the future, we should let the
script react to key event sent through an Order, but that is not the case
yet.

> * Page 34, the license is actually GPL v3 now, not GPL v2.

In my souvenir, the community did not reached an agreement. But as I have no
wish at all to launch a troll now, I will remove the version.

Have a nice day,

http://stephane.magnenat.net