[glob2-devel] Unused translation keys

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Unused translation keys
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:22:35 -0400

I've been taking a look at our translation files and come up with some lists and determined some things.

This is all the keys that where detected in source code in full form (including quotes), "[key]": www.genixpro.com/keys_list_5.txt
This is all the keys that where detected in source code in a partial form without brackets, like "key", but are still being used in the game (checked manually): www.genixpro.com/keys_list_4.txt
This is all the keys that I manually determined are still being used, but their use is slightly mangled: www.genixpro.com/keys_list_3.txt
This is all the keys that I determined are used to represent keys on the keyboard, which are retrieved using SDL_GetKeyName: www.genixpro.com/keys_list_2.txt
And finally, this is all the keys that I determined aren't being used: www.genixpro.com/keys_list_1.txt

Some of the ones that aren't being used might be desirable to keep anyhow, for use in the future, an example being [save before quit?], however most of them are there needlessly. Feel free to check the lists yourself and comment, afterwards, I will purge the unused keys from our translation files.

I think the translations for keys on the keyboard should be kept separate from the other translations to improve organization.

Allot of the repeated keys can be consolidated into ones like [%0 level %1].

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.