Re: [glob2-devel] roadmap clash

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] roadmap clash
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:29:48 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday we edited http://globulation2.org/wiki/Beta4, but there was already some elements about it on http://globulation2.org/wiki/Things_to_do_before_1.0.0

We should be coherent with roadmaps.

As you can see i edited it. I stopped editing as a wiki is no good place for discussion. My changes would be:

* In order to be able to change scoring later i would store all relevant parameters not asking the size up to 1kB per game.

(At my university we had a permanent Quake1 ladder that worked very good. The guy who made it stored each kill in a long text file for all time. that was some hundred kills each day for some five years. He parsed this with perl to display the stats. It was fun to see who was the greatest axe murderer, who killed whom how often. you could have a matrix drawn of some chosen players and the numbers of who killed whom how often. also the scoring could be displayed according to different formulas (what i would not suggest for glob2 but the ability to switch at some point in time would be great).)

* ladder should be opt in. maybe separate lobby.

* handling of spammers could be done via irc? "voice on irc"="voice on yog". yog follows irc.

* how to deal with spam-joiners? games should have an optional password.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb