Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 3 Release Schedule, packages, translations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 3 Release Schedule, packages, translations
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:51:33 -0400

The scripts simply run the server. When it crashes, the script pauses 5 seconds, then attempts to start the server again. It doesn't attempt every 5 seconds, since running the server blocks the script.

We need to keep Beta 1 and Beta 2 servers alive, Beta 3 and every subsequent release will allow older clients (beta 3 and up) to connect to the beta x server, however, old clients will be told their version of Globulation 2 version is obsolete. This is what was supposed to happen with beta 1 & 2, however due to ignorance on my part, all of the message #'s are screwed up for beta 1 & 2, so they aren't future compatible. We have to run their servers separately. If we want them to give the globulation 2 is obsolete error, they have to be modified manually.

Also, when you all do release, remember to go onto to Fedora's website, and file a bug report for Globulation 2 saying the version is old. Also, contact the following mailing list and ask them to make a new debian package. address@hidden . Be very diligent, get our package for every operating system. I can no longer take on the role of packaging for suse, mandrake and fedora like I had planned without internet.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.