Re: [glob2-devel] main developer offline

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] main developer offline
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:39:04 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
hi list, hi bradley,

with bradley beeing offline, we got a serious problem. i got a serious problem. i need to see progress for one to know it is right to spend money but also to be able to give direction if i see something going seriously wrong. a release far from perfect like this.

bradley:
how long will it take to get permanent connection again?
I don't know.

how much would it be to use internet via your mobile/dialup 3h/day?

It depends on the Plan I get. The cheapest for my device is 2 MB per month for $15.00 per month, the more expensive plan is 4 MB for month for $25. I could also get between 1-5 gb per month for $65.

what other options do you see to improve on this?

The fix is to fix the problem at its source. You want to see progress, and be able to change things if they aren't going as planned. So, in
alternate, what we need is a schedule. Planned features, and a specific update period. So, have a slightly more detailed to-do list and make it available to me. I'm working from a saved version of "Beta 4" on our wiki. Its very general.

I've been trying to make it to the library by Saturday so that i the release on Friday did not go well due to some fatal error, I would be able to fix it then. But the release wasn't done then, so there isn't much I can do about this, I'm trying to come at least every couple days to help with trouble.

On my local system, I have YOG tabs complete, and the enhanced administration system complete, including bans, ip bans, mutes, and moderators. I do not know what you all mean by "squelch" in the to do list. I also worked on separating YOG server from the game, and I mostly finished it except for one flaw: SDL_net depends on SDL, I discovered. And I completed a small system for game results, and I made the server store the results of a game, which will be usefull later when I do a ladder/score system.

Also, I'm setting up my MSN account, address@hidden, to be hooked to my phone, so that I can communicate to you through text messaging, which is still instant. If you want my phone number directly, just email me for it. I'm looking for a way to do the same with my google account, address@hidden, and my yahoo account, address@hidden, so I am always in contact.

greetings,

leo wandersleb

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.