Re: [glob2-devel] YOG

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] YOG
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:31:42 -0400

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi
25s between restarts means exactly 12.5s until restart on average. I changed it as it looked like an unnecessary burden to my server to start 3 globs every 5s as this almost takes 5s.

Aha! This is what I thought you where thinking, and you are wrong, atleast in the scripts that I had created. Those scripts don't run glob2 -daemon in the background, so like a normal console, the script doesn't continue until glob2 -daemon exits. This is much like a regular console, you can't  type in glob2 -daemon and then continue typing more commands while glob2 -daemon is still executing, it holds the console. The script doesn't procede until glob2 -daemon exits, thus, it doesn't hit the 25 second pause until glob2 -daemon exits. Once glob2 -daemon exits, the script hits the pause, pausing it for exactly 25 seconds, then continues the loop.

So its not creating multiple glob2 instances at once.

Actually I forgot to mention the reason I touched this for: YOG-beta2 was down.

YOG can be restarted using admin commands anyhow, you don't need to ssh into it anymore.

?
I could not even connect to yog. or what admin commands are you refering to?
Admin commands, the one in question is .restart_server

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.