[glob2-devel] cross-compile on hudson

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] cross-compile on hudson
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:20:18 +0100

Hi all, hi Alex,

Alex once managed to do a crosscompile
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Mingw_cross_compilation of globulation. If
we somehow manage to do a crosscompile with all the latest libraries and
scons from a command line (in user space (*)) we could integrate that
(knowledge) in hudson.globulation2.org and have Windows-Binaries
available for testing for each push (or at the cost of a click).

Benefit would be that
* all the windows guys could test the latest revisions of each branch
* we would never have trouble finding the guy who has the secret
knowledge of building binaries
* we would know the second some dependencies change that we have to
adjust the build process

I'm working on providing these benefits for debian binaries and with
chroot it should be possible to compile for 32bit on a 64bit machine,
too (hudson now runs on a 32bit machine)

(*) On our last hudson I had debian binaries working already but I was
lazy and used root with checkinstall. If anybody knows how to do the
trick in user space, please let me know.

Regards,

Leo Wandersleb