Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Tutorial translation isn't detected

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Tutorial translation isn't detected
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:22:53 +0100

> Umm, I guess it's now done? I don't really know if I did it right because
> it's my first time.

Almost right.
The problem seems to be that you did not start at a proper revision
and mercurial is therefore lacking the information about history it
would need to resolve or at least indicate conflicts.

> But the thing is .. I actually obtained the files before
> Igor pushed his changes so .. my revision and his seem to be colliding.

Exactly!
You also copied your files just on top of Igor's changes.
They would probably fit better on top of revision 2e315448ab67 and then
be merged with Igor's branch thereafter.

Also the diff of the auther.txt file looks odd.
Have you rearranged some lines?

Your user name and the commit message look weird too.

If you are a linux user, you could create a ".hgrc" file in your home directory
and add:

[ui]
username = <your user name here>

For a better repository in your case, try something like:
# hg revert -a -r 2e315448ab67
# hg update -r 2e315448ab67
# copy your files
# hg commit -m "updated arabic translation"
# hg merge -r 874792707785
# hg push ...

--
Kai Antweiler