Re: [glob2-devel] Is HG obsolete? Should we move to github/git?

From: Tirifto
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Is HG obsolete? Should we move to github/git?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:18:14 +0100

Leo Wandersleb píše v St 07. 02. 2018 v 14:44 -0300:
> Hi list,

Hello!

> I wonder if our main repository on bitbucket/hg confuses users and if
> it would help to move to github/git?!?

I can't speak for Git nor Mercurial, but should you eventually decide
for Git, I'd like to ask and suggest for GitHub not to be used.

GitHub has some serious issues which make it a poor choice, notably
being partly unusable without non-libre software. Please see GNU
Ethical Repository Criteria Evaluations at the link below.

https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.en.html

Instead I recommend for either GitLab¹ or NotABug² to be used, both of
which show to care about libre software, with the former being well-
known enough to rival GitHub's fame, should that be a concern for you.

> glob2 gets mild interest every now and then and if you know git, hg
> is not a great hurdle to overcome but in order to make it more
> accessible, I could migrate everything to github/git. Is this helpful
> or is it disruptive?
>
> Regards,
>
> Leo

Best wishes