glob2-ideas

[Glob2-ideas] alternative to seeding resources

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [Glob2-ideas] alternative to seeding resources
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:06:27 +0200

I don't know why it is not yet implemented to seed resources.  I guess
it's because this would require a method which needs globs to get
resources and take them to a selected spot - like buildings - but
unlike buildings this spot becomes a simple resource.

So here is an alternative:

We create a new type fo area and use it in one of two ways:

1. Globules will walk to that area, if they got nothing better to do and
dung them.  Each dunged field gets a probability to turn into a resource.
If we want specific resources, we have to place a clearing flag to
order a glob to weed this region.

or:
2. Depending on the amount of overall market places, a probability
will be computed for a (extra) resource to appear.  Then it will be
determined which player's area will get it.  This probability will be
proportional to the amount of market places the player has.  Then a
resource will be put near an area of that player.

This approach can be enhanced with creeps:  The amount of them
depending on the number of market places.  They'll be crossing the map
randomly, eventual pick up a resource fly to an area and depending on the
distance to it, have a chance to plant it on the field there currently over.

--
Kai Antweiler