glue

Re: Making Progress...

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: Making Progress...
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:58:21 -0700

Markus Fleck-Graffe wrote:
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:04:42AM -0700, Charles Goodwin wrote:

Is there any written specifications / documentation yet for Glue?  There's
nothing on the glue sf page.

GLUE's core requirements correspond to those defined by Douglas Engelbart,
the original 60's "inventor" of groupware:

  http://bootstrap.org/augment/ALLIANCE/980.html

> While not complete, Engelbart's "OHS Technology Template" gives a good
> overview of the system (or framework) that is also envisioned for
> GLUE.

I hadnt realized that glue was going to use Engelbart's design.
I think Engelbart has a very cool concept, but its also a bear to build and may be one of the reasons GLUE froze up

It turns out that GLUE and phpGroupWare are very different projects,
after all.

Appears so.

Seek3r