glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Syncing Atrpms repository

From: Manu G.V
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Syncing Atrpms repository
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:54:48 +0530

hi all,
To install mplayer, win32 codecs and many other softwares(except
gstreamer codecs) for fedora, we need a third party repo. As net speed
is very very low :( I was thinking of having a small local third party
repo. I searched for the small third party repo and I found Atrpms. I
feel repo provides satisfactory softwares. For more info
"http://atrpms.net/";.
    Mplayer here doesn't need arts and qt software. I feel its better
to rsync  this repo into our glug server and host it for our college.
It will save a lot of bandwidth also and there is no worry of
reinstalling as you have a local repo (no problem with net speed)
which provides all useful sofwares mainly multimedia.
--
manu