glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding creating local mirrors

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding creating local mirrors
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:58:45 +0530

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 08:21:51AM +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> Hi
>
> >Should we advertise this a bit when college opens up on Monday? Ideas?

Yes we should advertise it like anything. I guess holding a GLUG workshop which
Pandit Sir was saying he will do a gpg and pgp encryption workshop in which we
can also advertise the repos.

> yes, we have to advatise it once college opens. We can even organise
> an installation fest

What exactly do you mean by installation fest??

>> if we get at least 10-15 people already done with
> there installation and ready to contribute at will. What we can do a
> BOF and then  talk  about it to the people.

Exactly we have to advertise it so that people actually end up downlading from
these repositories which will be damn fast and everything will be easily
upgraded and we will also provide people with a customised yum.conf or
sources.list so that they make use of this repos.

> >I am especially keen to get some feedback from the first and second
> >years regarding this. Kindly speak up.

Please send in your views as this creation of repos will help you in downloading
packages something which has been a perennial prolem..

> Everyone has freeedom to speak so plzz give your ideas guys and girls.
> We need people speaking here.

Exactly just reading mails wont do kindly give your views too this mailing list
is not there for only a few people to write please send in your views.
--
Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage.
                -- Publilius Syrus