glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in future
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:42:06 +0530

Main Pro-E license server runs on RedHat machine (domain name:
matlab.ac.in)  and even Pro-E client runs on it

Last time, the client was not working on the same machine on which the
server was installed. Is it working now?

which gave me a hope to get it running on fedora.

I would suggest you give CentOS a try. CentOS is a RHEL without the
Red Hat support.

    It took lot of time to figure out problems and packages required.
Recently I was able to install Pro-E which doesn't work still as there
are lot of problems still.

What problems?

 I want some people to take interest in this installation and support
stuff as there is very little time for me to teach a lot of stuff to
the lab assistant who knows very little about GNU/Linux.

Is the lab assistant keen to shift to GNU/Linux on those machines to
be used for CAD, or for the other machines used for Internet, word
processing, etc. also?

    College has even got FLUENT(software for fluid analysis) for
GNU/Linux. I have even tried this and also installed but it never
worked.

What was the problem?

Cheers,
Debarshi