glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Proceedings of GLUG meet on 9th April,2007

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Proceedings of GLUG meet on 9th April,2007
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:59:47 +0530

Hello,
      A GLUG-NITH meeting was held on 9th April, 2007 on the steps of the
entrance of Auditorium and it was attended by the following people(a random
order):

G.V. Manu
Rakesh Pandit
Gagan Bihari Mishra (GB)
Arjun Shankar
Debarshi Ray
Divya Sharma
Sagar S.K.
Shubhanan Sen
Vivek Shah

All of the following were discussed:

1. Regarding renewal of GLUG-NITH domain:

     Since we have got to renew the domain of GLUG-NITH which expires this April
we decided that for this year the members willing to contribute for the domain
will pool in the money. Debarshi proposed to pay for the money from next year
onwards as the mode of transaction is credit card and his credit card is
registered for the domain with Yahoo but then again we decided that we will let
Dr. Anoop Kumar, our Faculty Advisor to sort the problem. For this year the
willing members will pool in the money.

2. Regarding GLUG account:
     It was decided that a savings bank account of GLUG-NITH will be made in
State Bank Of India to handle the GLUG accont from next academic year and Divya
Sharma was unanimously elected the GLUG Treasurer. She will also work out the
finances with Dr. Anoop Kumar our Faculty Advisor.

3. Taking care of GLUG Students' Server(Razorblade):
    It was decided I will take the responsibility of administering Razorblade.

4. Website:
    Sagar has been handed the responsibility of maintaining the wesite and Arjun
mentioned that he uses a CMS to maintain it and ensure the migration is smooth
and all the links are working and proper redirection is done.

5. Mailing List moderation:
    Debarshi will continue moderating the glug-nith-discuss mailing list.

6. RMS' contribution:
    When RMS had visited our college he had given 3 GNU/FSF key-rings and 10
buttons to Arjun. He also has stickers remaining with him and Arjun said that
he
will hand over all these to Anoop Sir and Sir will do as he deems fit with them.

7. Clean out home directories(Final Years):
    All final year students who have an account on the GLUG Students' Server
(Razorblade) will be cleaning out their account and remove stuff which they
will not be needing anymore.

8. Programming contest every semester:
    Depending on how Divya can sort out the finances for GLUG a cash prize
awarding programming contest on a free compiler will be held at least once
every semester.

9. Mathematical and CAD lab needs help:
    Divya,me and Sagar will meet Y.D. Sharma sir and J.N. Sharma Sir and find
out about the Mathematical lab and provide whatever help necessary. Meanwhile
Sagar me and Divya will also help Manu in sorting out problems in CAD lab in
installing ProE and FLUENT.

Then we all had coffee in Nescafe courtesy Debarshi. Also Arjun then decided to
sponsor snacks in Tilak.

Regards,
Vivek
--
When a girl marries she exchanges the attentions of many men for the
inattentions of one.